Become a Chapter member
What is a chapter?
Chapter is a giving circle comprising of like-minded individuals who wish to work towards a common cause that can bring about a positive change in the lives of many.
How to Join A Chapter?
1. Locate a chapter near you.
2. Connect with your chapter leader.
3. Visit a chapter meeting and meet your mentor.
4. Application forms are available in all the chapter meetings and online.
5. Before starting a chapter independently, attending an existing chapter meeting is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities of Member: –
Congratulations for choosing to be a member!
1. Get in touch with a Chapter Leader closest to you.
2. Attend a chapter meeting to learn about the work of Lotus Petal USA &Lotus Petal Foundation, India.
3. Understand the workings & plan of the Chapter by recognizing and aligning with the goals marked by the Chapter Leader to support the agenda of Lotus Petal Foundation.
4. Please be regular to the meetings.
5. Once you have attended 3 meetings, you qualify to start your own chapter and become a Chapter Leader.
Who Can Start A Chapter?
Anyone above the age of 18+ and willing to give back to the community can start a Chapter.
Why should I Start a chapter?
If you are looking at a life above the mundane, a way to utilize your skills for the betterment of society, if you are driven enough to mobilize your community to change the life of the underserved- a small step towards joining a Chapter can open a new world of opportunities where you will meet likeminded, driven individuals who are finding innovative ways to volunteer (overseas & in America) raise funds, gently used items and spread awareness for the work of Lotus Petal Foundation, India.
The primary objective of Lotus Petal USA is to harness the power & goodness of the individual giving towards helping transform the life’s of the underprivileged.
Start A Chapter (Yay!)
Start a chapter in easy & simple steps.
1. Register as a Member.
2. Join a chapter experience is must.
3. Be a part of Lotus Petal USA to benefit Lotus Petal Foundation, India.
4. Call friends & family home or a mutually convenient place.
5. Find ways to seek contributions & donations for the programs of Lotus Petal Foundation.
6. Help children & adults to volunteer for organizing Chapter meetings, events or for Volunteer visits to Lotus Petal Foundation, India.
Roles and Responsibilities of Chapter Leader-
1. Lotus Petal USA Chapter is led by a Chapter Leader who leads a chapter comprising of a group of minimum 3 members.
2. Organize a chapter meeting on a regular basis. Minimum 3 in a year.
3. Lotus Petal USA should be informed about the Chapter meeting.
4. Flow of the program indicative
a) Welcome everyone and thank them for taking time from their busy schedule
b) Start a meeting with the introduction of all the members.
c) Purpose of the meeting and share some interesting insights about the work of Lotus Petal Foundation, India. Refer to the media kit, newsletter for what’s new there.
d) Share all the payment options with the members.
e) Consent form should be signed by each member attending the meeting. Mentioning their Name, email id, phone number, address and can be shared with Lotus Petal USA for communication purpose.
5. Encourage members to set up automatic recurring donations, and can support Sponsor A Child for one year.
6. After the meeting all checks and details received from the members should be sent to Lotus Petal USA within 7 days of a chapter meeting. The cheque should be in favor of “Lotus Petal USA”.
7. Keep Lotus Petal USA Office informed about the new and closed members of the chapter. Quarterly update to be sent to all the new & existing member.